Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stress Triggered Lupus?

My close friend texted me to say based on her doc she saw during her regular medical review , lupus can be stress triggered.  So she advised me to stay relax not only for now but especially when I go back to work.   She understood very well that stresses, negative emotions like fear, anxiety would always ensue in the workplace.

I told her not to worry about me and joked that given the research and reading on lupus I have done so far, I am a quarter of a lupus' expert, if not a third. While it is not conclusive, stress seems to one of top triggers for lupus flare. Given stress means different things to different people and my GP once told me there would always be stresses in life, but the key in the degree is how the individuals manage or cope with these stresses.  For one who manages the stress well, that stress is motivational and healthy.  But for another person who is facing difficulty in managing that same kind of stress, then that stress becomes destructive.  So now I am kind of hypothesising personality or character such as those with Type A personality traits (i.e. perfectionist, competitive, impatient, time urgency, achievement-oriented)  can a predisposition to trigger lupus.  Since one is always so tense-up and work up, the immune system also follows.  So overtime, the system also gets "job" burnout, loses focus, slowly goes haywire and finally cannot even differentiate the foreign or own cells in your body!
      
Anyway, I cannot change the fact that I have lupus now.   But what I can do is to adjust my lifestyle and career to work around it positively.  Sometime I wonder my positiveness now is the side effect of prendisolone (since euphoria is one such side effect!).  I do not know for how long I can sustain this positive attitude, especially when lupus flares up and you are suffering from it. But I certainly do not like to make my loved ones suffered because of me.  Having been through 2 major illness within a short span of 6 months, you would know that when you are ill, the ones who are feeling more stressed may be your loved ones as they have to watch you suffer. 

I saw this quote somewhere that I cannot remember: "the happiest people are not those who have the best of everything but they are ones who make the best of those things that they have".  So to be happy, I just have to make the best of the current me! Love ourselves so that we can love others. 

2 comments:


  1. Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com has successfully cured lots of people from HIV/AIDS,Herpes,Diabetes,Syphilies,gonorehea, Hepatitis, Infertility,(Male and female ),poison and cartridges removal, unfinished injuries etc.
    My mouth can't explain enough what this great and powerful herbalist, Dr. Akpu power did to me.
    My mum was so sick of Cancer which was my greatest worries as her condition was her she first tested positive to 'Cancer type iii' I thought she could be okay with all the medical prescription given to her by the medical practitioner, but, all efforts to help was getting weaker and she tested positive to 'Cancer type iv' which worsted the situation as she keeps vomiting poriously,can't take in any solid food or drugs any more.. my husband and I tried everything to help her till one day, he decided to go and check on the web page if there could be any possible remedy to to her health,then he found out how
    Most people have testimonies about how there got their cure with the help of this great herbalist,
    Dr. Akpu, the great herbalist who have successfully cured people across from HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,and much more of most dangerous and deathly sickness that had lasted more than my mum's illness. He called me and told me about that .we decided to give him a try cos we can't just let my mum go like that. Luckily for us, he replied us ASAP and we explained everything with all the medical reports given to us and how deeply it has affected her. He assured us she will be fine, we believe him and hope to see it work for my mum. We quickly other for the preparation and deliverance of the medicine and he did prepare it and sent to us through the DHL delivery service that same week with details on how to use and apply it for her till she get cured. Luckily for us, the medicine work as he said ,in less than 3 weeks my mum regained her health and she stop vomiting. Just as he said she went for the test and she was confirmed negative...
    So happy for her and Dr. Akpu for curing my mum. God bless you for me I owned you allot Dr. Akpu for your efficiency,active and diligent in handling your patience and my mum most especially.
    Do not doubt this is just my life and I wish you all understood it very clearly that Dr.Akpu Power can cure all kids of sickness any where you are.
    Have a blissful day.
    Contact him today and request for any complaints or solutions to your illness

    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the word, I'm Engr Eric David, I have confirmed and till now I'll still anouced to the public and the people around me that the best way to get rid of this health challenges is to contact the relaible Herbalist for herbal cures.
    I read deaply to have believe and try to made used of the medicine. When I was diagnosed on 10/10/2015, it was only the English prescribed I made use of all through, it was a very big stress for me, I had a friend who introduced me to to the great Herbalist of African, Dr. Odey Abang he's very popular now in my State, Anchorage, Alaska where I lives. I contacted him as my friend directed me to him for a help. Glory to God, my case is settle among many others are My two Cousins, James and John with wife's he cures from HIV/ AIDS, And till now, none of this had been confirmed in us, feel so blessed and happy to be back again as I was being born. I have been diagnosed severally and still shows nothing in us, Dr. Odey Abang is a God's sent Herbalist
    You can reach as well as inform your loves ones to get ride of this deathly viruses.
    You can reach him in either way
    Email-
    odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    God bless

    ReplyDelete