Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meditation

Since I did not want to rely on drugs to solve my insomnia, I looked for non-drug sleeping aids.  I decided to try meditation since the sleeping pill given the doc was supposed to calm me down.  I have tried meditation by focusing on my breathing while I was in the hospital. But guess I was just too impatient, frustrated and worried then that it did not quite work out.

I read in MM Lee Kuan Yew' recent interview with NY Times that he started meditation a few years ago. He did it to calm himself whenever he heard sounds of his bedridden wife's discomfort.  And this was what he said “The problem is to keep the monkey mind from running off into all kinds of thoughts.  A certain tranquillity settles over you. The day’s pressures and worries are pushed out. Then there’s less problem sleeping.”  So I said to myself, let's try it again.  

I read more about meditation. This is one web page I thought is simple to read and understand about meditation and sleep.  http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/alternative/natural-sleep-aids5.htm

Soon I figured out the key is practice and perseverance, especially for people whose minds are constantly in active mode, thinking and also worrying I suppose.  I started slowly, trying to stay focus on the Present like my breathing or the movement of abdominal area.  Like what I have read, it was difficult.  The mind wandered easily.  In any case, since I have nothing much to do and cannot sleep, I told myself just keep practising it.  If it's work, good for me.  If it's fail, I lose nothing since I can't sleep anyway.  I repeated the process and kept focusing on the regular movement of my abdominal area again.  After many repeated attempts over a few nights, I discovered my breathing began to go slower and my body felt more relaxed. I stopped when I felt my body was tired but relaxed enough.  I got into my usual sleeping position but did not get too anxious 'trying" to sleep.  My mind again wandered to many things and there were some I did not understand or have encountered.  Before I knew it, I finally slipped into my dreamland the night before!  While I still did not get to sleep through the night, I managed 1to 2 hours of quality sleep now. It's definitely a good improvement compared to the a few winks I have during the last 3 weeks!         

2 comments:


  1. Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com has successfully cured lots of people from HIV/AIDS,Herpes,Diabetes,Syphilies,gonorehea, Hepatitis, Infertility,(Male and female ),poison and cartridges removal, unfinished injuries etc.
    My mouth can't explain enough what this great and powerful herbalist, Dr. Akpu power did to me.
    My mum was so sick of Cancer which was my greatest worries as her condition was her she first tested positive to 'Cancer type iii' I thought she could be okay with all the medical prescription given to her by the medical practitioner, but, all efforts to help was getting weaker and she tested positive to 'Cancer type iv' which worsted the situation as she keeps vomiting poriously,can't take in any solid food or drugs any more.. my husband and I tried everything to help her till one day, he decided to go and check on the web page if there could be any possible remedy to to her health,then he found out how
    Most people have testimonies about how there got their cure with the help of this great herbalist,
    Dr. Akpu, the great herbalist who have successfully cured people across from HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,and much more of most dangerous and deathly sickness that had lasted more than my mum's illness. He called me and told me about that .we decided to give him a try cos we can't just let my mum go like that. Luckily for us, he replied us ASAP and we explained everything with all the medical reports given to us and how deeply it has affected her. He assured us she will be fine, we believe him and hope to see it work for my mum. We quickly other for the preparation and deliverance of the medicine and he did prepare it and sent to us through the DHL delivery service that same week with details on how to use and apply it for her till she get cured. Luckily for us, the medicine work as he said ,in less than 3 weeks my mum regained her health and she stop vomiting. Just as he said she went for the test and she was confirmed negative...
    So happy for her and Dr. Akpu for curing my mum. God bless you for me I owned you allot Dr. Akpu for your efficiency,active and diligent in handling your patience and my mum most especially.
    Do not doubt this is just my life and I wish you all understood it very clearly that Dr.Akpu Power can cure all kids of sickness any where you are.
    Have a blissful day.
    Contact him today and request for any complaints or solutions to your illness

    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to the word, I'm Engr Eric David, I have confirmed and till now I'll still anouced to the public and the people around me that the best way to get rid of this health challenges is to contact the relaible Herbalist for herbal cures.
    I read deaply to have believe and try to made used of the medicine. When I was diagnosed on 10/10/2015, it was only the English prescribed I made use of all through, it was a very big stress for me, I had a friend who introduced me to to the great Herbalist of African, Dr. Odey Abang he's very popular now in my State, Anchorage, Alaska where I lives. I contacted him as my friend directed me to him for a help. Glory to God, my case is settle among many others are My two Cousins, James and John with wife's he cures from HIV/ AIDS, And till now, none of this had been confirmed in us, feel so blessed and happy to be back again as I was being born. I have been diagnosed severally and still shows nothing in us, Dr. Odey Abang is a God's sent Herbalist
    You can reach as well as inform your loves ones to get ride of this deathly viruses.
    You can reach him in either way
    Email-
    odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    God bless

    ReplyDelete