Friday, September 10, 2010

My sleep and Imovane

Feeling weaker and more tired today. Wonder whether it was because I was out for almost a full day attending to 2 doc appointment yesterday or the effect of "Imovane".

The Rheumatogolist reviewed my conditions and suggested that I kept to my current medication dosages (i.e. 40mg prednisolone, 50mg azathioprine, 200mg and 400mg plaquenil on alternative days) for another 2 weeks. He also ordered blood and urine tests.  About the sleep problem I was experiencing, he said it could be due either to the lupus or steroids (steroids may cause hyper-activeness).  And since it was important for me to have good rest and sleep, he prescribed 7.5mg Imovane (i.e. Zopiclone), which he said was not a sleeping pill but would help me to sleep. Based on what I read from the net, this drug is a form of depressants that is used to treat insomnia.

Hopeful to get my long lost undisturbed 6-7 hours sleep back, I took one tablet yesterday night.  Sadly, the outcome did not turn out to what I have expected.  I was light headed but heavy on feet about an hour after I took Imovane.  I think I fell asleep for about 2 hours and then I was awake! again I tried going back to sleep, but it wasn't easy.  I tossed and turned for the next few hours although I could sense that my mind was less active - thinking less compared to the last few days, but I just couldn't sleep.  Then at about 5am, my heartburn came.  I drank a can of ice-lemon tea while I was out and guessed this could be the culprit. Felt better about a dosage of antacid but it did not last very long.  So I took my usual omeprazole medication in the morning to lessen the pain and discomfort. Thanks goodness, it helped but I was still tired without a good night sleep.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment